Check Out the Reaction Silver Ridge Se Mountain Bike – 2017 Edition
My family and I went out camping and ended up bringing our bikes for the trails in the area. We always find the best spots to ride when we’re involved in other activities, but it’s always worth it!
Unfortunately, this was the time my mountain bike gave out. I was in the middle of a ride when my bike just fell apart on me, but it was a few years old. It had lasted me a good long while, but I knew I was going to need a new one, so I started looking!
That’s when I kept seeing the Reaction Silver Ridge Se Mountain Bike and knew that this bike would have significantly improved my ride!
Considerations Before Buying the Reaction Silver Ridge Mountain Bike
This reaction mountain bike is designed for the casual rider with a sturdy, durable frame made to handle rough terrain. This bike can handle any terrain from pavement to dirt and more.
The Reaction Silver Ridge Se Mountain Bike is an excellent choice for anyone who enjoys mountain biking or casual cycling.
- Type of Mountain Bike: This is a mountain bike that is not designed for a hardcore rider. This bike is intended for casual riders who enjoy mountain biking or are looking for a reliable bike for casual riding.
- Material: Tough steel makes up the frame of this reaction mountain bike.
- Frame Size: The frame of this bike comes in three sizes: 15-inch, 17-inch, 19.5-inch, and 21-inch. You can find the frame size that will fit you perfectly.
- Shocks: This mountain bike has a hardtail suspension system. The fork has a travel of 50mm for a smooth and comfortable ride.
- High-Quality Parts: All the parts put into this recreation mountain bike are high-quality and durable.
- Brakes: Features Alloy Power V-Brake.
- Wheels: The 36 hole alloy single wall wheels feature tread that will give you an enormous amount of traction on any terrain.
- Shifting System: This system has a Shimano GripShift shifter 21 speed with a DNP-LY-N821M 31.8 front derailleur and a Shimano TZ30 rear derailleur.
The recreation mountain bike guarantees that you’re getting a lightweight bike with a durable and long-lasting steel frame and high-quality parts. When you purchase this bike, you receive all the pieces of the bike that come partially assembled, and a 3-month warranty from the date of purchase.
This product is for the casual rider who occasionally enjoys a mountain bike adventure. This is not made for daily rough activity on continuous rough terrain for the hardcore rider. The frame and suspension system is not designed to handle the constant hard use of a dedicated mountain biker.
Compared to the leading bike on the market, the Silver Ridge features an aluminum frame, rather than a carbon lightweight style frame. The front suspension isn’t as smooth and comfortable of a ride as the full suspension system and the linear pull brakes don’t offer as much of a control when stopping as hydraulic brakes would.
Compared to it’s predecessor, the Men's Recreation SilverRidge, the Silver Ridge SE used the durable steel framing, rather than the aluminum for a tougher ride. The brakes and shifting system stayed the same, but the style has changed to become sleeker and durable for rough riding. The bike has increased in weight since the previous model.
- It has a great front suspension system with a fork that allows for 50mm travel for a smooth and comfortable ride.
- A sophisticated and quality shifting system that gives you 21-speeds and reliable derailleurs for a comfortable shift.
- A lightweight bike with a durable steel frame with a beautiful design and easy to ride body style.
- This bike is not made for serious mountain bikers because the frame cannot take those impacts repeatedly.
- There are cheaper bikes with similar qualities and features on the market if the price is an obstacle.
- Does not have a full-suspension, so your ride is not as comfortable and smooth as other bikes in its class.
Features and Benefits
When looking at the reaction unisex mountain bike and seeing all the features and benefits that this bike has to offer, I wanted to dig deeper for that information to look at the potential product, I was going to purchase, closer.
1. Durable Frame
The durable steel frame is designed to be lightweight. This frame style is available in four sizes: 15-inch, 17-inch, 19.5-inch, and 21-inch.
While the frame is steel, the lightweight body is useful for gaining speed. However, this type of structure can cause issues with handling, causing the bike to feel unsteady underneath you while you pedal.
2. Shifting System
The shifting system is comprised of Shimano shifting products. Equipped with a 21-speed gearshift and a smooth crankset for an easy shifting system.
Shifting on mountain bikes is found on the handlebars, and there are a few tips to keep your shifting smooth. When you are upshifting, make sure to only shift on gear at a time.
When you downshift, wait for a change in momentum, and then shift. Finally, if there is a significant change in terrain, shift your chainring.
The hardtail suspension system is where there is a suspension fork in the front of the bike, rather than a full suspension system. The best part about choosing a suspension system is whatever is best for what you are going to use the bike for.
This suspension system is best for climbing hills and maintaining traction while climbing.
These type of bikes require less maintenance compared to full suspension bikes, they are lighter in weight, and cheaper in price. However, you are sacrificing a bit of downhill traction and comfortability.
Recommended Support Gear
There is some equipment that I highly recommend you invest in to protect yourself from potential injury or harm.
Some state law requires a helmet. However, it’s one of the best investment you can make for your protection. The primary cause for concern is when your head hits the ground when you suffer a fall or impact.
You want to protect your head at all costs, so you need the best helmet you can have. This is an investment that could potentially save your life, so make the investment!
2. Skin Protection
Protective gear isn’t just for your head, but there’s also gloves to protect your hands and provide you with a proper grip on your bike to give you better control and handling over your bike.
Elbow and knee pads help protect your major joints from potential breaks when you fall or have an impact. These also provide comfort and padding for your bike ride.
There’s a lot of gear that you can invest in to make your ride better, more protected, and increase your control and handling on your bike.
3. Lens Polarizer
Your eyes are subject to sunburn but can also catch glares from the sun. Polarized lenses help to keep out blinding light that’s refracted and scattered. These lenses help you to see what’s in front of you, no matter the lighting situation.
Other bikes that are similar to the Silver Ridge Mountain Bike have different features and benefits to look at if you aren’t entirely impressed by this reaction mountain bike.
This bike is designed with an aluminum frame and a dual-suspension system. The Schwinn Protocol is made to fit both casual riders and serious mountain bikers. It has a 24-speed Shimano Shifter and is paired with front disc brakes for powerful stopping.
- This bike has a frame size of 18-inches.
- The Schwinn Protocol is a full suspension system.
- This bike has 26-inch wheels and a front disc brake.
If you think this bike is for you, you should check out the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Review!
The Merax Finiss bike is a recreation mountain bike that features a 21-speed Shimano shifter system. This bike is lightweight at only 33 pounds thanks to its aluminum frame designed for cyclists and their speed.
The Merax Mountain Bike features dual disc brakes for powerful stopping, a front suspension fork with 80mm travel for a smooth ride, and ready for both casual and professional riders.
- The Mirax bike is lightweight and made to increase speed for cyclists.
- The full Shimano shifter system and derailleurs offer a smooth shifting between gears.
- This bike features a front suspension fork with 80mm travel for a smooth ride on rugged terrain.
If you are interested in the Merax Finiss Mountain Bike, you need to read the reviews on this product!
The Gravity Fsx features the same frame sizes as the Reaction Silver Ridge SE Mountain Bike but features a full suspension system on an aluminum frame. The Shimano shifting system is similar to the rest of the bikes, featuring high-quality parts and a smooth shifting on rough terrain.
- The Gravity Fsx features dual disc brakes for a powerful stopping system on any terrain.
- This bike delivers a high-quality performance at an affordable price point.
- This bike is best on rugged terrain and is not designed for pavement.
You need to read the Gravity Fsx 2.0 Review if you are drawn in by this bike and the features it has!
Image Credits: Amazon.com
Deciding On Your Recreation Mountain Bike
Reading over this recreation mountain bike and seeing the design qualities and features compared to my previous bike I needed to replace, I think this is a great option to consider.
With its hardtail suspension system and Shimano shifting system, I know I’ll have a quick and easy shift transition while I’m riding and a smooth ride.
If you’re like me, and you’re looking to replace your old mountain bike that fell apart like mine, or is just out of date, then I suggest you look into the Reaction Silver Ridge SE Mountain Bike!
Featured image source: www.youtube.com
Incoming search terms:
- bike parts for silver ridge
- How to switch gears on recreation silver ridge bikes
- silver ridge se bikes