Spotlight On 5 Of The Best Gifts For Cyclists Right Here
No need to stress out over which gift to buy your cycling enthusiast. Retailers sell a whole host of clever and practical gifts targeted at mountain bike riders. Choose from gadgets, wearables, and even bike accessories.
Forget about spending hours in the stores or on the internet; we have done the work for you. So, here you go - 5 of the Best Gifts for Cyclists.
Choosing The Perfect Gifts For Mountain Bikers
When it comes to choosing a gift for someone, the first thing you should do is think about their interests. Since you are reading this article, we can assume that you know someone who likes to bike.
Second, you should consider their personality. Are they practical? Do the like quirky gifts? Are they into neat little gadgets?
Once you answer those questions, all you need to do is look through our list of the best gifts for cyclists. We found some great things designed just for mountain bike enthusiasts.
Wrapping Up Your Bike Gifts
You might consider putting together a bike gift bag instead of investing in one larger gift. This would be great for the person who likes gadgets.
Select two or three smaller items, arrange them in a basket and cover with cellophane. Jazz it up with a bow or two and a card, and you have a great gift.
If you don’t want to use a basket, consider putting the gifts in a plain white gift bag. If you are artistic, you can draw bikes or cartoon caricatures on the bag. Not artistic? Don’t worry; they sell bike-themed stickers at the local hobby store.
This YouTube video shows you how to wrap your basket in cellophane.
Some of the Best Bike Gifts for Cyclists
Suppose your cycling friend is a very practical person. Consider gifts that will keep them on the road. Tire pumps and tool kits are handy things to have when you’re off-road on the trails.
These are things that don’t come with a bike when it’s purchased and most people won’t realize how much they need them; that is until they don’t have them.
Another good gift for the practical person is bike accessories. Headlights, water bottle holders, or handgrips. All of these things make riding easier, and therefore more enjoyable.
Wearables also make good gifts. Backpacks are a necessity for any long ride. A biking backpack should be lightweight and adjustable.
T-shirts with funny bike quotes are fun to own. Mountain bike shoes, helmets, and gloves are a must for all bikers. If your friend does not already own these, they make excellent gifts.
The Ultimate in Mountain Bike Gifts
Of course, the ultimate gift you can buy a biking enthusiast is a mountain bike. You needn’t worry about this stretching your wallet too far. In another article, we give you a list of the best mountain bikes under 500 dollars.
Our Picks for the Best Gifts for Cyclists
It’s time to take a look at what we consider to be the 5 best gifts for cyclists. To make the list, they needed to be well-reviewed and practical for the rider.
TECOOL(TM) 15L Outdoor Sports Backpack For Biking
Every biker needs something to hold their gear. A good backpack makes a great gift. The Tecool backpack has great features and excellent reviews.
Your biking friend will think you spent way more than the twenty-some dollars required to purchase this backpack. We feel that this is one of the best gifts for cyclists available on the market.
- The straps are both adjustable and padded.
- There is a sternum strap to help relieve stress on the shoulders.
- The mesh in the back gives good ventilation, reducing uncomfortable back-sweat.
- The backpack has a small front pocket for small items, like a phone, wallet, and keys.
- It comes in 5 different colors so you can match it to the rest of their gear.
- There is only one. The inside has a piece of cardboard that supports the bag. This means that you can’t throw it in the washing machine. To clean the bag, you need to spot clean with a rag.
WOTOW 16 in 1 Multi-Function Bicycle Repair Tool Kit
This little tool makes a great addition to one of those bike gift bags we suggested. The price is low, which means you can spend money on other trinkets.
The gift is more than practical. Every biker appreciates having tools for on-the-spot repairs. There is nothing worse than being stranded in the middle of nowhere because you have a loose screw.
Give this gift in conjunction with one of our other best gifts for cyclists. It also makes a great stocking stuffer at Christmas.
- The tool kit is small enough to fit in a pocket (or in that nifty backpack we just told you about).
- Designed like a Swiss Army knife, there are sixteen different tools available: wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, allen keys, and hex keys.
- It comes with three tire rods in case one breaks while out on the trail.
- This kit contains all the tools necessary to completely disassemble and reassemble the entire bike.
- It can be a bit hard to reach the disk brake adjustment screw with the allen wrench. Not impossible, just hard.
Mini Bike Pump with BONUS Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
So, this little pump is really sweet. It’s aluminum exterior blends right into a bike frame, making it seem like part of the bike.
The fit is universal so it can be used on different types of bicycles. The length is about nine inches which makes it a bit long for saddlebags, but since it attaches to the bike, it doesn’t really matter.
Flat tires are one of the most common problems faced by mountain bikers. The rough roads play havoc on wheels. The combination of patch kit and pump provides everything needed to get the bike back on the road.
Couple this with the mini tool kit and backpack and you have a great gift bag. Wait! Why not use the backpack as the “bag”. Fill it with these little goodies and slap a bow on it all. Together that will make one of the best gifts for cyclists you can find.
- This bike pump fits both kinds of valves, Presta or Schrader.
- The pump can be used on both mountain bikes and road bikes.
- It attaches to a bike frame with velcro, and its sleek profile makes it virtually unnoticeable.
- The pump also comes with a patch kit that fixes up those flat tires until you can make it home.
- The puncture repair kit does not mount to the bike, so you must store it somewhere else. (Remember that backpack we mentioned earlier?)
Merax® Finiss 26" Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike
I understand that 300-some dollars is a bit much for a gift if you are just giving to a casual acquaintance. But, if you have a loved one that’s been longing to take up mountain biking, this bike would be an awesome gift.
It’s designed to meet all the needs of an experienced biker at an entry-level price. You have to agree that a mountain bike would be an amazing gift.
- The Merax has dual disc brakes that give greater control of the bike when stopping.
- This bike fits most people between 5 foot 7 inches and 6 foot 1 inch.
- The aluminum frame is lightweight and durable.
- Magnesium wheels are extremely light - and FAST!
- I’m not sure whether to list this as a con or not. The Merax only has a front suspension fork. The ride might be a little less smooth than one with dual suspension, but the trade-off is control. Single suspension bikes are best on rugged tracks. So, if you want a great gift for an off-road rider, the Merax would be a great choice.
I know what you are thinking. We promised to list out the 5 best gifts for cyclists, and there are only four. Don’t worry; I can count. There are four really awesome gifts here.
I already told you how you could combine the first three into a really great “gift bag”. Now I’m going to really blow your mind.
Wait for it…
How about combining ALL Four? Yes, I said it. Imagine the look on their face when they receive a brand new mountain bike, backpack, tool kit, and bike pump. Whether it’s your significant other, you child, or just someone you care about, consider giving them the ultimate gift.
These 4 best gifts for cyclists, combined, make number 5 on our list of best gifts for cyclists.
Incoming search terms:
- best gifts for cyclists 2016